Immaculata Athletics Mission Statement
The Immaculata Athletic Department is committed to support the mission of the school in developing the total person of every student-athlete. The coaches and staff will work to develop the athletic program within the values and standards of our Christian faith. Participation in athletics will provide a variety of experiences to aid in the development of favorable attitudes and habits in preparation for a worthwhile adult life.
Immaculata Athletics Philosophy
The Immaculata administration and staff believes that a dynamic program of student activities is significant to the educational development of the student. The Immaculata Athletic Program provides a variety of experiences to aid in the development of favorable habits and attitudes in students that prepare them for adult life in a democratic society.
Athletics play an important part in the life of Immaculata student athletes. Young people learn a great deal from their participation in interscholastic athletics. Lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition and how to win and lose gracefully are integral parts of team goals in our athletic department.
Athletics also play an important part in helping the individual student develop a healthy self-concept as well as a healthy body. Athletic competition adds to school spirit and helps students, spectators, and participants develop pride in their school.
The Immaculata athletic department further encourages the development and promotion of sportsmanship, ethics and integrity in all phases of the educational process in all segments of the community, including administrators, participants, adult supervisors, parents, fans and spirit groups.
Immaculata Athletic Department Goals
- Promote development of favorable habits and positive attitudes in students that will prepare them for adult life.
- Promote academic excellence in the classroom
- Recognize and promote lessons learned regarding good sportsmanship, ethics, teamwork and the value of competing - win or lose.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for practice and competitions.
- Recognize and promote the accomplishments of athletic teams and individuals
- Encourage coaches to be leaders, role models and people of character
- Promote cooperation through the athletic department, while supporting all athletic and extracurricular programs.
- Ensure that everyone involved with the athletic department adheres to the rules and policies of Immaculata, the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association, the Skyland Conference and the Immaculata Athletic Department.